Friday, August 26, 2011

Come On Irene

Luckily I've already been collecting emergency supplies for the past 8 months, pending a major, national, economic meltdown (hey, i think i'm balanced in my apocolyptic fears, and anyway it came in handy didn't it!).
But I did run out today to get a few odds and ends. Traffic was HORRENDOUS all over town, especially at the Southbury Plaza! But I was able to avoid all that, aaahhhh, the freedom of 2 wheels! :D
Rain poncho, 2 ice packs, a bag of ice, bike headlight (what a find at KMart!), batteries and an extra propane tank for the camp stove. Even squeezed in that cast iron griddle I've been meaning to pick up (for the camp stove, again KMart). Now just to clean the garage up a bit in case we need to take cover down there, and fill up my 15 gallon potable water barrel (if you don't have water storage equip, click here!) we also have a 7 gallon jug with water filter attachment in case we had had had to go down to the pomperaug and get more. Think we're as ready as we can be..... wait, pray, and love thy neighbors!!

No comments:

Post a Comment