Friday, September 16, 2011

Aches and Pains

I have not been feeling well lately and it's been really hard to place my finger on exactly why. I've just been feeling old and crappy; specifically neck and back pain, nausea, fatigue, etc. Really vague symptoms until last night when my left foot blew up, seemingly due to being at my feet all afternoon/evening the night before at a concert but I have a gut feeling it's more than that. My mother has long suffered (mildly, like I seem to be) from inflammation/immune related nuisances, and whatever gene that is I definitely think I acquired it, unfortunately. I have allergies, asthma and seem to be increasingly sensitive to dietary and environmental triggers. It's frustrating because I feel I take better care of myself through diet and exercise than about 80% of most American's do, yet I'm still feeling crappy. Guess I gotta do more!
So before I set out to go shopping today I looked up some information on "Anti-Inflammation". Apparently this was made popular by Dr. Weil, I had never really looked into it, but I found it to be dead on with what I already know instinctively and through experience about the basics of a healthy diet. To see Dr. Weil's anti-inflammatory diet food pyramid click here.

Main things I realize I need to do: 1) Switch from coffee in the morning to green tea (whaaa) 2) Limit my alcohol to only 1-2 glasses of red wine per day (bye bye beer and cocktails) and 3) Find way's to incorporate even more healthy spices in my diet such as turmeric, ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper,etc.  Thinking bout how I can do this without having to spend too much more time on a daily basis on food prep.  My goal for coming week is to figure this out! Ideas to follow, stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment